BRIEF HISTORY OF OFFICE
1. 1 Mizo Bn NCC was raised at Aizawl, Mizoram vide Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No.7763/NCCHQ/Plg/22497/D (GS -IV) dated 16 Nov 2001. The raising commenced from 2002 onwards under the aegis of 20 Mizo (I) Coy NCC, which is already located in Aizawl. The unit has strength of 1748 cdts, 748 SD/SW cdts and 1000 JD/JW cdts.Rasing of NCC Bn and girl Coy was accepted in principle by the State Advisory Committee meeting held in the office chamber of Minister, Sports & Youth Services held on 19 Feb 2003 at 11:00hrs.
2. Col IS Metharu and Lt Col SP Singh were posted in the later half of 2003 as the first CO and Adm Officer of the unit. Initially the unit was allotted makeshift office accn in the Directorate of Sports & Youth Services Complex by the State Authorities which was insufficient and without basic amenities. Subsequently the unit was provided a better accn. However, the State Govt is yet to provide proper accn, office and requisite civilian staff to the unit. Presently three JCOs and eight NCOs have been posted as Permt Staff against the vacancy of five JCOs and 11 NCOs.
3. The unit’s area of responsibility is spread over fourdistricts viz. Aizawl, Kolasib,Serchhip and Champhai. In future NCC will be opened in Mamit and Lunglei districts on allotment of addl vacancies.
1 Mizo Bn NCC
- QUOTATION NOTICE FOR SUPPLY OF UNIFORM MATERIALS FOR SCOUTS & GUIDES
- QUOTATION NOTICE FOR SUPPLY OF SPORTS GOODS
- SPORTS MINISTER IN FLIGHT SIMULATOR HAWNG : SPORTS CASH AWARD SEM
- Rajya Puraskar Scouts & Guides Testing Camp, STC Tanhril
- Basic Mountaineering Course ah Mizo tlangval 2 an che tha