1. Formulation and implementation of all policies relating to Sports & Youth Services.
2. Mizoram State Sports Council and grant-in-aid to sports associations.
3. Bharat Scouts and Guides.
4. Adventure Sports.
5. Natinal Service Scheme (NSS).
6. National Cadet Corps (NCC).
7. Youth Hostels.
8. Nehru Yuva Kendra.
9. Matters relating Sports Authority of India.
10. Matters relating to Mizoram Olympic Association.
11. Administration and maintenance of sports academies, hostels, sports complexes and other infrastructures for sports and youth training and development.
12. Coordination with other departments for development of sports, youth services and sports tourism.
13. Promotion and development of adventure sports and youth services in schools and colleges.
14. Development of skills and personality of youth through youth development activities.
15. Incentives awards and scholarships to outstanding sportspersons.
16. Promotion of research and scientific study on sports and youth services.
17. Training of coaches, imparting of coaching at various levels.
18. Provision of sports infrastructure including distribution and arrangement of equipment to educational and village level institutions and other stakeholders.
19. Organizing of sports competitions at various levels directly or through the agency of autonomous sports body and associations including School Games and State Games.
20. Physical education.
21. Promotion of Sports & Youth Services in school.
22. Mizoram Youth Commission.