Youth Adventure Programme cell is headed by the Adventure Organiser and he is supported by 3 Assistant Adventure Organizers.
These programmes deal with all the adventure sports such as :-
(a) Rock Climbing (b) Caving (c) River Rafting (d) Mountaineering (e) Para Sailing (f) Cycling (g) Trekking.
To qualify for Organiser, one has to undergo a series of training in and outside Mizoram as follows :
- Adventure Courses for Boys & Girls, duration – 21 days, normally organized during October- April
- Watermanships Courses. Duration – 15 days, organized during September – October
- Para Sailing Course. Duration-15 days, organized during September – December.
- Long Distance Cycling Competition organized during February-April
- White Water Rafting. Organized during February-April
- Rotation Trekking. Organized during December – April
Outside Mizoram : Physically having interest in Adventure Sports are normally dputed to attend the following course at Nehru Institute of Mountaineering Utter Kashi (Uttar Pradesh) and Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Darjeeling, West Bengal for a period of 30 days during March-December of calendar year in the following course :-
- Basic Mountaineering Course
- Advance Mountaineering Course
- Search and Rescue Course
- Method of Instruction Course
Besides these Courses, the young adventure selected to represent State in the following adventure programmes organized from time to time:-
- Adventure Festival at Chandigarh during February- March
- NE Sports Climbing Competition at Imphal during October- May
- National Sports Climbing Competition at New Delhi during November- December.
All the major Rivers of Mizoram – Tlawng River, Khawthlang Tuipui River, Khawchhak Tuipui River are all covered under the programme. White Water Rafting Expedition and all the known Cave within Mizoram are also explored a nd all the top five Hills of Mizoram – Phawngpui, Lengteng, Sur, Reiek, Tawi are explored. Para-Sailing is introduced in Mizoram and we are the first civilian organization introducing this Adventure Sports in the Country. Regular programmes are organized at Tuirial Airfield near Aizawl City.